HCB Health The Menninger Clinic Grand Opening Celebration
The Menninger Clinic Grand Opening Celebration
Posted by Erica Gremillion at 12:19 pm, May 16
Across the country, hospitals are frequently recognized or known for excelling in specific departments or services. U.S. News & World Report provides an annual ranking of the Best Hospitals by specialty that includes 16 adult specialties and 10 pediatric specialties. If you take a look at the psychiatry list, you’ll notice one hospital that consistently rises to the top – The Menninger Clinic.
The Menninger Clinic was founded in 1919 by the Menninger family in Topeka, Kansas and revolutionized treatment for mental health patients. Menninger continues to lead the way in mental health care. As part of its mission to be the world leader in psychiatric treatment, research and education, a new state-of-the-art mental health treatment center unlike any other in the world has been built in Houston, Texas.
The new hospital is composed of six buildings on nearly 50 acres with a capacity for 120 inpatients. The architecture is inspired by The Prairie Style made famous by Frank Lloyd Wright. It provides a safe haven for patients, with an abundance of natural light and nature throughout.
The grand opening celebration was held on April 12, 2012. It included the following speakers:
- Welcome – Ian Aitken, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Menninger Clinic
- Realization of the Board’s Vision – John McKelvey, Chair, The Menninger Clinic Board of Directors, 2003 – Present
- Appreciation of Philanthropists – Robert C. Wilson III, Chair, The Menninger Clinic Foundation Board of Directors, 2003 – Present
- On the Cusp of Miracles in Mind – Paul Klotman, MD, President, Baylor College of Medicine
- Mental Health is Good for Texas – Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, Native Texan, community leader and Houston resident
- Advancing Research – Former Congressman Patrick Kennedy, Founder, One Mind for Research
- Blessing of the Campus – The Rev. Salvador Delmundo Jr., Director, Menninger Chaplaincy Services
We were thrilled to have shared in the grand opening celebration and left the event inspired by Menninger’s dedication to mental health patients.
The hospital officially opened on May 1, 2012 and is currently accepting new patients for co-existing mood, personality, anxiety and addictive disorders. We’ve had the privilege of working with Menninger since 2006 to develop the Miracles in Mind campaign and most recently rebranded Menninger to announce the opening of the new hospital.
The new hospital is breathtaking and will provide hope and healing for so many patients from around the United States. We wish Menninger the best, and support Menninger in its goal to provide Miracles in Mind.